Re: clarification of doc licensing for db3/db4.2
(Top posting to continue current flow)
I've added the DPL to the CC list.
aj: do you have an opinion here, or do you think its worth delegating
this decision to someone? See #256332 and the debian-legal
archive for background.
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 04:46:02PM +1000, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> Ask the new DPL (aj) I guess.
> On 4/10/06, Mike Olson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Dann wrote:
> > > Thank you for your offer. I think a relicensing would be the cleanest
> > > approach.
> > >
> > > Note that I am a Debian Developer, but I do not speak for the db
> > > packaging, release, or legal teams. I hope that they'll jump in if
> > > they are in disagreement with any of the statements I've made here.
> > This is going to be some work for me. Oracle's legal department has been
> > very helpful on our open source requests so far, but it's a large team and
> > is not familiar with this issue yet. I'll need to find, then brief, then
> > extract approval from, the right people here.
> > Before I do that, can I get some kind of authoritative statement from
> > Debian that the effort is necessary, and that it will satisfy the concerns
> > that have raised this issue for the second time? I want to be helpful,
> > but I want to be sure we are solving the problem here. To that end,
> > direction from db, release or legal -- whoever can speak for Debian --
> > would be good.
> > mike