Re: Debian packaging and (possible) Eterm license violations

Ed Hill writes:

> On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 23:10 -0500, Michael Poole wrote:
> > This kind of licensing conflict is a release-critical bug in the
> > package under Debian Policy.  The ideal solution for Debian is exactly
> > what you suggested in the bug comments: work with the upstream
> > maintainer to sort out license incompatibilities.  Poorer solutions
> > are to change just the Debian package by finding compatibly-licensed
> > alternatives or ripping out the conflicting code.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Please pardon my Debian-ignorance, but where is the correct place to
> "file this bug"?

The email method at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting is probably
the easiest way to submit it.  Judging from packages.debian.org,
Debian's current version of the eterm package is 0.9.3-1, and the bug
would be of "serious" Severity:.

Michael Poole