Re: GFDL'ed documents with Front Cover text

Steve M. Robbins <steven.robbins@videotron.ca>
> This implies that a document with no invariant sections, but with
> one-sentence front- and back-cover sections does not meet the DFSG?
> Is that Debian's position?

Debian's position is:
: that works that don't include any Invariant Sections, Cover Texts,
: Acknowledgements, and Dedications (or that do, but permission to remove
: them is explicitly granted), are suitable for the main component of
: our distribution.
-- http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001#amendmenttexta

Otherwise, I think they aren't suitable for main, as before.

> For example, GMP has Front-Cover Text
>     A GNU Manual
> and Back-Cover Text
>     You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU software
> and no invariant sections.  Must I really throw this document
> out of Debian (BTS 335403)?

Including that document in Debian is a bug. If upstream won't fix the
bug, I can't see how you can, sadly.

--
MJR/slef