Re: Problematic distribution of P2P clients in France

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:39:12PM +0000, Måns Rullgård <mru@inprovide.com> wrote:
>> Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:

>> > It is also a problem for any Debian Developer that would come to France.
>>
>> What?  Do the French lock you up for things you did outside of France,
>> even if they were legal there?
>
> I think you can get charged for exporting illegal stuff to France
> whenever you touch the french soil, this being legal in your own
> country or not. That applies to a lot of countries, I believe.

There ought to be some requirement for said export to be somewhat
active or deliberate for the law to kick in.  Simply offering stuff
for download being sufficient is insane.  Unfortunately, the system is
insane, as evidenced by some cases involving Nazi uniforms.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com