Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 11:17:27AM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Adam McKenna wrote:
>
> >Which kinds of non-distributional copying are not covered by fair use?
> >

> Making multiple copies for simultaneous use (e.g., installing on several
> computers).

But you can only use one copy at a time.  You could make a good argument that
the copies not in use are backup copies.  (Remember, we're talking about
documents here.)

If you are installing on multiple computers so that others can use the
documents, that's distribution.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>