Re: Interpretation of the GR

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> I think it would be Debian in the GFDL case, because the copies stored on
> ftpmaster are rendered inaccessible to the general public, by means of
> technical measures.  Only the copies of those copies on the mirrors are
> accessible.
>
> Actually, I'm surprised I didn't notice that before -- GFDL documents can't
> be legally distributed by Debian if you actually read what the license
> says.  They're *undistributable*.

In that case, ftp-masters should be made aware of the issue, and, if it
can't be resolved short of it, SPI should seek legal advice.  (Of
course, we run the risk of being accused of sour grapes....)

But the issue of whether or not they're distributable at all is
absolutely orthogonal to the GR.  They have no bearing on each other
whatsoever.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>