Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 09:54:15PM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >So, debian-legal is "us", leaving the rest of the project to be
> >"them"?
> When I'm sending a message to debian-legal, yes, I often use "us" to
> mean the participants on debian-legal. I intend only to save a little
> typing, nothing more.

I realise you didn't intend anything by it, but look at it again:

> > > The Project essentially told us our conclusion "the GFDL is not free"
> > > is wrong in the case where there are no invariant sections.

debian-legal is only useful in so far as it's somewhere for Debian to
talk about licenses. If the "participants on debian-legal" have different
conclusions to the Debian project as a whole, that's a major problem in
that people going to get Debian's opinion are instead getting something
quite different.

You didn't quote:

> > > The Project did not tell us why.
> > You could ask, you know.

You still can do that, you know, if you actually want the answer.

Cheers,
aj