Re: Package copyright problems

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 12:22 +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Jesse van den Kieboom <jesse@icecrew.nl>
>
> > My situation is as follows. The application itself is GPL licenced, but
> > some of the code has been taken from the lambdamoo server. The lambdamoo
> > source is copyrighted with the following copyright:
>
> >   Copyright (c) 1992, 1995, 1996 Xerox Corporation.  All rights
> > reserved.
> >  Any distribution of this software or derivative works must comply
> >  with all applicable United States export control laws.
>
> This is a non-free condition.

Surely it'd only be non-free if it said "must comply with United States
export control laws"?  Outside the US, US export laws are not
applicable, so the condition doesn't apply.  Or am I missing something?

	bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee <http://benalee.co.uk>
Technical Officer, TermiSoc <http://termisoc.org>