Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:37:07PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On 3/14/06, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> > The GFDL specifically says that it must "clearly and legibly identify you".
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Ambiguity and clarity are opposites, and pseudonyms do not identify you.
>
> My dad's name is "Ron Miller".  Are you claiming that his name does
> not identify him?
>
> There's thousands of "Ron Millers" in the U.S. alone.  Are you claiming
> that there's no ambiguity here?
>
> I don't see any requirement in the GFDL that a person's identity
> must be unambiguous, sworn to, attested, co-signed, pgp signed,
> unique, guaranteed, warranteed, trackable, reachable, emailable,
> etc.

Using a pseudonym to make it harder to identify you is in clear violation
of the above-quoted requirement.  You've indicated that it's difficult to
do so, but the intent of this clause remains very clear.

--
Glenn Maynard