How to free GFDL'ed documents with existing Front Cover texts

Hi,

assume a document licensed under GFDL, with no invariant sections (and
...) has a front cover text (like "A GNU Manual") and a back cover text
(like "You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU
software.  Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise funds
for GNU development.").  What should the developers do in order to make
it DFSG-free (and not annoy RMS too much)?

The GFDL says:

,----
| If the Document already includes a cover text for the same cover,
| previously added by you or by arrangement made by the same entity you
| are acting on behalf of, you may not add another; but you may replace
| the old one, on explicit permission from the previous publisher that
| added the old one.
|
| The author(s) and publisher(s) of the Document do not by this License
| give permission to use their names for publicity for or to assert or
| imply endorsement of any Modified Version.
`----

Would a statement like "If you create a derivative work of this document
which is not part of a GNU project, we hereby permit you to remove the
front cover text.  Since the Free Software Foundation is unlikely to
publish copies of your derivative work, you may also remove the back
cover text."  be helpful?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster