Re: better licence for fosdem, debconf, .., videos...

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:47:56 +0000 MJ Ray wrote:

> Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>
> > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:16:13 +0000 MJ Ray wrote:
[...]
> > > For a Derivative Work, I'm pretty sure that the law about false
> > > attribution allows the original author to demand they not be
> > > credited with it. This requirement seems like a no-op included
> > > to make the attribution clause consistent with the law.
> >
> > Could you please provide a pointer to the relevant articles of the
> > copyright (or author's right) law you're referring to?
> > I wasn't able to find such a right from a quick review of the
> > Italian Author's Right Law (I mainly searched among moral
> > rights...). Are you thinking about UK Copyright Law, perhaps? Or US
> > Copyright Law?
>
> UK Law, as this licence is for the law of Scotland. I think
> http://www.jenkins-ip.com/patlaw/cdpa1.htm#s84 is the legislation
> and a credit is attribution.

The closest thing I could find there is the following:

|  This section applies where, contrary to the fact-
|
| (a) a literary, dramatic or musical work is falsely represented as
| being an adaptation of the work of a person, or
|
| (b) a copy of an artistic work is falsely represented as being a copy
| made by the author of the artistic work,
|
| as it applies where the work is falsely attributed to a person as
| author.

It speaks about "false attribution": I cannot imagine how stating "This
image is based on the desk image created by Bob" could be considered as
false attribution...

--
    :-(   This Universe is buggy! Where's the Creator's BTS?   ;-)
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4