Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Don Armstrong:
> > In any case, we've been working with the FSF to resolve these
> > issues as well, so hopefully a new version of the GFDL will no
> > longer posess them.
>
> Does this mean that there will be a new version of the GFDL,
> finally, or just a different FSF-endorsed documentation license
> (which would require relicensing and all the hassles that involves)?

I hope the former will happen, but the later may be more likely. Eben
has publicly said that there will be a new draft of the GFDL proposed
during the v3 process, but I don't know whether that will superceed
the current version, or be a fork of it. That's really up to the FSF.

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.