Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm just going to note one important point about this whole thing.
>
> This is a main/contrib issue, *not* a main/non-free issue.  Everyone
> agrees that the documents which use the non-free fonts are themselves free.
> The question is whether they "depend on" the non-free fonts.

Are you sure?  Isn't it the same as a program that contains in its
sources a binary blob that's copied as-is to the executable, and the
binary blob is non-free?  Just that here the "binary blob", i.e. the
embedded fonts, is not even in the sources?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)