Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:

>> > Even though _you_ may not want to take the time to fix errors, it is
>> > essential for freedom that _the user_ has the tools he needs to fix
>> > errors if he so desires.
>>
>> He has.  Just comment out the \usepackage line that changes the font,
>> and do the correction.  This is really not a freedom issue.
>
> If it's just so easy to make the document rebuildable with free fonts,
> why don't you do that once and for all?

<mode=repeat>
because we would have to check the new line, paragraph and page breaking
still makes sense, especially in the two cases that are a PDF
presentation.
</mode>

> Fixing source in order to make it actually rebuildable with the declared
> Build-Depends should not be left to the users...

<mode=repeat>
tetex-base does not rebuild documentation and does not Build-Depend on
tetex-bin.
</mode>

Regards, Frank
--