Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Frank K=FCster asked:
>> Does debian-legal think that a
>> document with a DFSG-free license and with sources available except for
>> the embedded fonts is DFSG-free or not?
>
> I don't think a binary file follows the DFSG as a whole if it
> contains fonts which do not follow DFSG 2 ("Source Code").

That makes a 2:1 majority for "is not suitable for main", and since
that's my own conclusion, too, I'll accept this view.

> Sorry not to give the answer you wanted.

Err, excuse me?  The three mails by Marco, Mark and you were the first
ones to give me an answer to the question I wanted answered, thank you
for that.  I didn't ask because I expected a "is suitable for main", but
just because I don't feel comfortable with legal stuff, and because I
had a faint recollection that fonts are handled specially because of
some special reason.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster