Software license used for SHA-2 reference code

Hi.  A newly approved IETF document contains reference code for SHA-2,
and they propose to use the following license:

1.1 License

   Royalty free license to copy and use this software is granted,
   provided that redistributed derivative works do not contain
   misleading author or version information.  Royalty free license is
   also granted to make and use derivative works provided that such
   works are identified as derived from this work.

   The authors make no representations concerning either the
   merchantability of this software or the suitability of this software
   for any particular purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or
   implied warranty of any kind.

Is this DFSG-free?

I'm sorry that I'm asking for licenses on a piece of work that is not
targeted for inclusion into Debian at this point.  However, I suspect
that the reference code in this RFC will end up in several projects
sooner or later.  It is only now we have an opportunity to influence
the license chosen.

Please try to be conservative in proposing fixes to the license.

Thanks.