Re: Anton's amendment

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:10:07 +0200, Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> said:

> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> # debian/rules file - for debian/keyring
> # Based on sample debian/rules file - for GNU Hello (1.3).
> # Copyright 1994,1995 by Ian Jackson.
> # Copyright 1998-2003 James Troup
> # I hereby give you perpetual unlimited permission to copy,
> # modify and relicense this file, provided that you do not remove
> # my name from the file itself.  (I assert my moral right of
> # paternity under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.)
> # This file may have to be extensively modified

> Is it free?  I am sure it is.
[...]

One difference that I'd like to note between this and an invariant
section is that this non-removable part is in the comments, and does not
affect, in any way, the binary output (opaque copy, in GFDL terms),
whereas an invariant section in documentation licensed under the GFDL
must be part of the opaque copy.

Whether this difference is significant or not can still be argued.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA