Re: Anton's amendment

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:31:38 +1100, Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> said:

[...]

> i challenge any of you zealots to come up with a REAL WORLD, PRACTICAL
> proof that the GFDL is non-free (and i mean actually non-free, not
> merely inconvenient. the DFSG does not require convenience, only
> freedom).

I don't really understand what you mean by a real world, practical
proof.  The way that Debian evaluates licenses as being non-free is if
they have restrictions that run counter to the DFSG.  If it is possible
that a situation can arise where a license restricts someone from doing
things that the DFSG says that he/she should be allowed to do, then that
license should, IMHO, be considered non-free.

But perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what you mean by "proof".  As a
mathematician, no proofs to me are real world, nor practical.

BTW, can non-zealots offer proofs as well, or is this challenge only
open to zealots?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA