Re: Adobe open source license -- is this licence free?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:18:55AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> To be more specific, we generally consider choice-of-venue non-free when it
> applies to suits brought by the copyright holder (/licensor) against other
> people.
>
> It's free when it only applies to suits brought by other people against the
> copyright holder (/licensor).

I think I agree, but I don't know of a license brought here that actually
does this--I don't think it's been discussed.  Know of any examples, so we
can wave it around for a while and maybe conclude this for certain?  Being
able to give an alternative to a general choice of venue clause that is
uncontroversially free might go a long way towards fixing the problem.

(I don't know enough about venue selection to know if countersuits are a
problem; for example, if the result would be that when Company X sues
me in my own venue, and I countersue, I have to take it up in an a
completely different venue.  I just don't know enough about venue selection
to answer this case.)

--
Glenn Maynard