Re: Ironies abound (was Re: GPL v3 draft)

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> I also don't understand why anyone would actually want to defend patch
> clauses.  There are very few of them left, so I don't think there's much
> of that "don't want my pet package declared non-free" agenda going on,
> and it seems like an obviously unreasonable hurdle to reuse.  It seems
> like a compromise whose time has passed.

I'm not going to defend patch clauses. I think they're massively
horrible things, and the world would be a better place without them. But
deciding that they're not free any more would involve altering our
standards of freedom, and I don't see any way that we can reasonably do
that.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org