Death of a copyright holders (was: [debian-vote] Amendment: invariant-less in main (Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement)

I stumbled over this statement in an email from the KDE team to
-vote:

>   For the record, relicensing most of our documentation will be
>   impossible. There are several people with stated objections to using
>   the GPL for documentation, many people we have no way of contacting,
>   and a couple who are no longer alive, which makes them fairly
>   difficult to contact.

I am curious: what happens to his/her copyrights when a person dies,
specifically wrt licence choice. Do people just assume that the
deceased didn't ever want to change the licence?

Sorry for the black topic.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"... and so he killed Miguel in a rit of fealous jage."
                                               -- inspector clouseau