Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:

> Morally, I think it's indefensible to have promised to restrict
> -private's circulation and then to break that promise and
> publish without permission. But is the approach in the GR legal?

What about changing the PR, so that FROM NOW ON, the debian-private
list will be made public after, say, one year?  Then people posting to
it would know what to expect, and there would not be even any
potential legal problem.  In other words, avoid retroactively changing
the rules.