Re: TiffIO license agreement

Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@tagancha.org>
> TiffIO is covered by a non-standard license full text of which is
> listed below. My analysis of the license has shown that I can easily bundle=
> it
> with lprof as by the clause 5.3.4. COMPATIBILITY WITH THE GPL LICENSE it wi=
> ll
> be covered by GPL in that case. However, if I want to package it separately=
> as
> a standalone library it seems to be non DFSG-free due to the choice of venue
[...]

Argh, it's CeCILL, a French sub-GPL. I think it's been discussed here before,
but I didn't find any conclusion to it yet. I don't think 4.2 is unclear but
I'm uncomfortable with 13. The GPL upgrade is a nice way to avoid the
questions and uncertainty: license your debian/ directory under the GPL,
which I think enables the upgrade.

--
MJR/slef