Re: reimplementing mac boot block - reviewer needed

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 10:16:25PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> This is somewhat interesting to me, so you could include me in the
> mailing.  I'm not sure that I'm technically competent to comment on
> it, but I'll try to be helpful :)
>
> Why can't you post the spec to a publically available address?  You
> are concerned that it violates copyright?

Kind of, this is an effort to do a clean room reimplementation, so if there is
too much info in the spec or whatever, it may taint the clean-room
reimplementation effort or something.

I myself would just have posted them to a bug report, but i understand the
author's concern, and as this was mentioned here in the past, there may be
some advice on how to best proceed on this, i hope.

the specs is of rather restricted technical content, more a description, at
least that is my impression.

Friendly,

Sven Luther