Re: Linking clause deleted from GNAT GPL

Scripsit Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com>
> On 11/22/05, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

>> These sloppities lend support to the hypothesis that the exception was
>> not drafted by the FSF's usual license advisors.  Is it really FSF
>> software?

> Don't think so. For two main reasons:

3. The source is not distributed from ftp.gnu.org, only a short file
   that points to www.gnat.com.

4. The source contains files that have not been copyright-assigned to
   the FSF, contrary to their normal procedure.

> And, no, I don't think that Adacore has the right to remove the clause.

If they don't have this right, the whole thing was undistributatble
from the beginning (due to imported code from GCC). So let's hope they
do.

--
Henning Makholm                       "Take a sad song, and make it bitter."