Re: Please review: The OFL (Open Font License)

* Nicolas Spalinger:

> Hi folks,
>
> Please tell us what you think of the Open Font License.
>
> All the details are available at:
> http://scripts.sil.org/OFL

| 1) Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in
|    Standard or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.

This clause is not quite DFSG-free, but it is so easy to work around
it so that it's probably not a real issue.  However, I cant't
understand why anyone would put such a thing into a new license.

However, it seems as if SIL interpets the license that it's not
permitted to receive money for making modifications, which is against
the spirit of the DFSG and free software in general (see FAQ entry
2.3, which is contradicted by FAQ entry 2.4).

> We've got font debs ready to go.

Please use non-reserved font names, so that Debian is allowed to add
missing glyphs to the fonts.