Re: Releasing SW under GPL

Justin Pryzby wrote:
>  Some argue
> that *.h, at least for libraries, have no creative content, or are
> only API, and thus not copyrightable, but it can't hurt.

If it has no creative content, you really should include a statement to that
effect.  "Written 2005 by Svante Signell; I consider this to have no creative
content and to be in the public domain."  Otherwise later people may assume
that it does have creative content and that you screwed up and included a
file without copyright notices by accident....

I know I don't always follow best practices like this because it can be a pain
to remember to, but it's a good idea.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Make sure your vote will count.