Re: Licenses for DebConf6

On 11/14/05, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

> I case you hadn't noticed, there was a major _difference_ in opionons
> about how "software" was to be interpreted. The editorial
> clarification in 2004-003 removed the confusion by avoiding the
> ambiguous word "software"

Unfortunately not. :-(

The GR's author explained[1] that both the DFSG and the SC required
clarifying, but that in the interests of simplicity the necessary
changes would be dealt with in separate GRs. Thus, 2004-003 clarified
only the SC. Until his follow-up GR amending the DFSG is proposed and
passed, the ambiguity will remain.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/07/msg00435.html

--
Andrew Saunders