Re: Licenses for DebConf6

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:52:05 +0100, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> said:

> On Nov 13, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> > Can you explain exactly how a CC copyleft-like license would have
>> > been an obstacle?
>> Because it is being incorporated in a larger work: My
> So it looks like you have issues with all licenses not compatible
> with the one you choose, being them DFSG-free or not.

        Err, did you not read? I said the core of the effort was the
 presentation; and the license I used obviously had to be
 compatible. Proceeding to dot the i's and cross the t's, the project
 can grow, and be incorporated into Debian, no matter which DFSG free
 license Colin had selected; since my work was based on his, obviously
 my license had to be compatible.

        The point is this: had the original license not been free,
 none of the rest would have grown up to potentially be included in
 Debian -- and thus the fact that the original license was free was
 critical.

        manoj

--
Imitation is the sincerest form of television. Fred Allen