Re: Licenses for DebConf6

It's not all that unusual for conferences to require that the material
submitted for the conference be licensed in a specific manner; if you
plan on presenting, some DFSG free license of the material you present
should be expected so portions of the work can be utilized in main or
otherwise distributed by Debian if desired. [If this poses a
problem,[1] you always have the option of not presenting, or
presenting your work in an informal session.]

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Of course, "DFSG-free" isn't all the dc6 organisers are insisting
> on, but the right to MIT/X11 recordings of presentations too -- not
> even giving presenters the option to copyleft the recording of their
> presentation for some reason.

This is primarily pragmatic, since there's no clear consensus on what
the prefered form for modification for a video is, or even what it
means to copyleft a video. [If you have a clear idea of what it means,
you could communicate it to the organizers...]

Don Armstrong

1: I'd be rather surprised if it did; but then again, I've been
suprised before.
--
Any excuse will serve a tyrant.
 -- Aesop