ITP: acpica-unix -- an ASL compiler/decompiler

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Mattia Dongili <malattia@debian.org>

* Package name    : acpica-unix
  Version         : 20050930
  Upstream Author : R. Byron Moore / Intel Corp.
* URL             : http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/
* License         : GPLv2 / Other (see below)
  Description     : an ASL compiler/decompiler

iasl compiles ASL (ACPI Source Language) into AML (ACPI Machine
Language). This AML is suitable for inclusion as a DSDT in system
firmware. It also can disassemble AML, for debugging purposes.

 ---

[debian-legal: please Cc me as I'm not subscribed]

I'm not very comfortable with the licence language and I'd like somebody
to proof-read it before uploading this stuff.
I'd say this licence grants enough rights, but there are also a lot of
"must".
BTW: on [1] it's reported that the code has been GPLed for the Linux
package but I'd say that it's referring to the kernel code only:

# grep -r GPL *
changes.txt:MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") to all modules.
tools/acpisrc/asmain.c:" * GNU General Public License (\"GPL\") version 2 as published by the Free\n"

Can somebody help?
http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/license2.htm

Last minute add-on:
the acpica-unix-xxxxxxxx.tar.gz provides a linuxification tool that
"converts the standard form of the acpica source release (included
here) into a version that meets Linux coding guidelines. This consists
mainly of performing a series of string replacements and transformations
to the code" and adds a GPLv2 token to each file.
Unfortunately the code doesn't compile after the linuxification (I still
didn't poke with the code to see if they are easy fixable bugs).

More suggestions? are there similar cases?

thanks
--
mattia
:wq!