Re: Licensing pictures within an application

Aussonderung

Kinder und Jugendliche mit Verhaltensproblemen

On 01 Oct 2005 15:23:32 GMT, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 30 Sep 2005 19:06:35 GMT, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > > If they are compiled in in some way that means that the GPL'd work
> > > contains detailed knowledge of the expression of the CC'd work,
> > > then it is a derivative work and not possible to distribte under GPL.
> >
> > Sez who? (Besides you and other brainwashed GNUtians, that is.)
>
> Sez law.

Sez unwritten law of the GNU Republic, I suppose.

> If knowing that expression led me to write a new large
> expression a particular way, wouldn't you call it derived?

Apply the AFC test to the new expression (vs old expression that
you gained knowledge from) and you'll find out. Then comes
"clean room", and docrines of functional interoperability and
independent creation.

regards,
alexander.