Re: Linux Documentation Project License (LDPL) v2.0

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:

>          1. The modified version must be labeled as such.

Seems ok.

>          2. The person making the modifications must be identified.

Fails the dissident test, but there's some level of disagreement over
whether that matters.

>          3. Acknowledgement of the original author must be retained.

No problem.

>          4. The location of the original unmodified document be identified.

I don't think this ought to be a problem.

>          5. The original author's (or authors') name(s) may not be used to
>             assert or imply endorsement of the resulting document without t=
> he
>             original author's (or authors') permission.

That's fine.

The others are requests rather than requirements, so there's no problem
there. In summary - I'd be surprised if anyone filed RC bugs against
stuff under this license.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org