Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

From: Steve Langasek [mailto: vorlon@debian.org]
>>Yes, sure; I don't think irrelevant boilerplate is a *good* thing to have
>>in licenses, however.

I suppose a lawyer would argue what is irrelevant at the moment may be very relevant at a later time...good or ill it is safer to hedge than not, unless, of course, you are the party without any bargaining power...

>>If it wasn't already obvious, most traffic on this list is the result of disagreements over the application of these guidelines to corner cases. ;)

It makes for a lively, interesting list

Thanks for the link...trying to navigate all the information out there is sometimes overwhelming

Jenn

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com