Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

From: Steve Langasek [mailto: vorlon@debian.org]
>>Bearing in mind also that people don't generally put clauses in
>>their licenses which they believe *can't* be used to their advantage.

As I understand it choice of venue clauses are standard "boiler plate" language in agreements regardless of whether or not the clause has any known validity.

Also please forgive my ignorance but can someone give me a primer on the term "free" as it relates to this discussion.  Someone once told me that free does not necessarily mean devoid of cost and/or risk.

Thanks
Jenn

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com