Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Scripsit Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>

> Exactly. It's not a cost because exactly the same thing could happen
> anyway. The same is true of choice of venue clauses - the bringer of the
> suit could claim that their local venue had jurisdiction over me, even
> if this isn't actually the case.

The difference is that if you have accepted a choice-of-venue license,
the sociopath can present his local venue with proof that it has
jurisdisction. That makes a difference, however much you try to deny it.

--
Henning Makholm                         "Al lykken er i ét ord: Overvægtig!"