Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:
> Matthew Garrett writes:
>> We've seen frivolous suits against software alleging patent
>> infringement. Since the only way we can protect our users from these is
>> to stop distributing software, should we do so?
>
> I do not propose we do anything to stop frivolous lawsuits.  I suggest
> you reread the paragraph you quoted instead of just the last sentence.

But downloading a piece of software from Debian opens me up to the
possibility of frivolous lawsuits from the copyright holder, something
that did not occur before. How is that not a cost?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org