Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Adam McKenna writes:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 05:12:39PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
>> My own question, when presented with any such cost, is on what basis
>> it *is* free, since the DFSG tend to not allow a copyright owner to
>> impose costs on users.
>
> By that reasoning nothing is DFSG free, since you can't give up your right
> to sue someone (at least not in the US).

Non sequitur.  You acknowledged that there is an increase in cost when
choice of venue is invoked.  ("It's not negligible.  Just not
significant[...].")  No one has argued that any right to bring suit
should or could be waived.

Michael Poole