Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Adam McKenna writes:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:56:15PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
>> From my own experience, I cannot agree with those who think
>> the marginal cost is a negligible one.
>
> It's not negligible.  Just not significant to the point where it increases
> the risk to an unacceptable level IMO.

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:

  negligible
       adj 1: so small as to be meaningless; insignificant; "the effect
              was negligible"
       2: not worth considering; "he considered the prize too paltry
          for the lives it must cost"; "piffling efforts"; "a
          trifling matter"

I believe "negligible" includes your viewpoint.

My own question, when presented with any such cost, is on what basis
it *is* free, since the DFSG tend to not allow a copyright owner to
impose costs on users.

Michael Poole