Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:03:05PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> You really need to justify it based on the basic freedoms that the DFSG is
> meant to guarantee. Note that not costing money isn't one of those
> freedoms. Nor is preventing travel or a prolonged stay. Justifying
> non-freeness in terms of basic freedoms has been done to my personal
> satisfaction in this case, but the fact that people constantly are falling
> back on the cost argument shows that the word hasn't gotten out.

I assume you are talking about this statement made by Steve Langasek:

| Sure; the distribution rights are contingent on accepting the specified
| court's jurisdiction over the license agreement.  This impinges simple
| redistribution.

Please explain how this is different than accepting any random country's
copyright laws when distributing copyrighted material created by a citizen of
that country.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>