Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 03:53:56PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> Please go back and read the rest of this thread, since your arguments
> were previously made and countered.  You argue that since choice of
> venue is a small (or putatively reasonable) cost or form of
> discrimination, it can be ignored; the DFSG do not allow that.

It's not a cost, it's a risk.  There are plenty of other risks that we take
when we distribute software, that we consider acceptable.  What makes this
one unacceptable?

As far as discrimination, it's only a form of discrimination insofar as the
ability to sue discriminates against those for whom defending themselves will
be a financial hardship.  This is a problem with the law, not the license.

--Adam