Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 01:44:05AM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 23:53, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:11:03 -0400 David Nusinow wrote:
> > > Furthermore, we are not imposing anything on our users. They are free
> > > to not install such software if they choose. We can't completely
> > > protect people from being sued to begin with.
> >
> > C'mon David!  :-(
> >
> > "We are not imposing anything on our users. They are free to
> > not install Acrobat Reader if they choose. Consequently Acrobat
> > Reader can be moved to main."
> >
> > This is nonsense...  :-(
>
> Right ! Also count that mirror operators carring such software could find
> themselves in a baseless lawsuit adventure while being located or not in some
> exotic jurisdictions. If they manage to filter such crap somehow, then
> ftpmasters could serve as last resort being targeted for no good reasons.

Do any of these choice of venue clauses impinge on simple redistribution?
If so, I'd *definitely* be against those specific ones. If they don't
relate to the simple redistribution that our mirror operators do, then I
don't think this is an issue we have to worry about.

 - David Nusinow