Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On Thursday 15 September 2005 23:53, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:11:03 -0400 David Nusinow wrote:
> > Furthermore, we are not imposing anything on our users. They are free
> > to not install such software if they choose. We can't completely
> > protect people from being sued to begin with.
>
> C'mon David!  :-(
>
> "We are not imposing anything on our users. They are free to
> not install Acrobat Reader if they choose. Consequently Acrobat
> Reader can be moved to main."
>
> This is nonsense...  :-(

Right ! Also count that mirror operators carring such software could find
themselves in a baseless lawsuit adventure while being located or not in some
exotic jurisdictions. If they manage to filter such crap somehow, then
ftpmasters could serve as last resort being targeted for no good reasons.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB