Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> There are real-world examples that choice-of-venue clauses could be more
> dangerous than without them. I'm not sure is DFSG can catch these challenges,
> but it certainly should not be read as glossary or as a bullet list with do's
> and dont's.

The DFSG define what we consider free and what we consider non-free. If
you believe that there's an issue that should prevent distribution of
something, then say so - there are various pieces of DFSG software we
fail to distribute because of other legal issues (primarily patent
problems). But don't suggest that it's any sort of freeness issue.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org