Re: Dissident test (was re: CDDL)

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 09:29:52AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > If non-discrimination doesn't cover groups persecuted by
> > governments, who does it cover for you?
>
> I think the point here is that a licence doesn't discriminate against such
> groups, it only forbids anonymous changes from being distributed.

So a licence that doesn't discriminate against non-US, but forbids
changes made with non-US keyboards from being distributed would be
fine by you? (There's probably a better example.)

> [...] Also notice that nothing in the CDDL clause force you to
> include the email address or even your real name for code attribution, i think
> a pseudonym would be widely accepted in such cases as the above.

That depends what "identifies You" means in CDDL 3.3. Do you
know whether pseudonymously edited versions of star would be
tolerated by Joerg Schilling, for example?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/