Re: Dissident test (was re: CDDL)

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> mjr@phonecoop.coop wrote:
> >It seems grounded in the DFSGs "1. Free redistribution" and
> >"5. No discrimination against persons or groups".
> It may seem so if you are willing to stretch enough the meaning of the
> DFSG in ways it was never supposed to be. I'm not.

If non-discrimination doesn't cover groups persecuted by
governments, who does it cover for you?

In April 2005, Shi Tao was imprisoned for 10 years for "providing
state secrets to foreign entities", partly because the local
police traced his email address back to him (source Reporters
Sans Frontiers). In that case, it was news of a censorship order,
but why not news of a security vulnerability that state agents
are exploiting? Anonymity has benefits for freedom.