Re: DRAFT: d-d-a mail about removing non-free documentation

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > 5. Wishlist: use gfdl-1.2, cc-2.5, ... as applicable. We may yet get
> > improvements.
>
> Hmm, I don't know if we win anything by doing this. Either the license
> if free, then we can close the bug, or it is non-free, in this case we
> don't win anything by knowing the version, do we?

Even if cc-3.0 is acceptable, things under cc-2.0 or 2.5 will still
need relicensing. Some of these licences have no automatic upgrade.
Ones licensed as cc-2.5 or any later version (does anyone do that?)
could be marked accordingly.

This might be too complicated to bother.

--
MJR/slef