Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On 9/10/05, David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:18:01AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On 9/9/05, David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
> > > Please use a non-broken mail program.
> > Anyways, please say what you mean in a fashion that carries
> > useful information.
>
> Thank you Mr. Pedant. If you'll examine the grandparent mail to mine,
> you'll find your answer. Good luck figuring out which that is, with all the
> thread breaks.

It looks to me like the grandparent to yours was also yours:

And I'll guess that your problem is that Humberto's response
doesn't show up as one of the followups from that message.
Or, alternatively, that your message isn't one of the references
from Humberto's message.

However, given that mailx behaves this way, that the priority
of the mailx package is "important", and given that there's
not even a wishlist bug filed against the mailx package on
this issue, I think it's a bit much to be calling this behavior
"broken" here.

As for my pedantry... there really isn't any other good way
to deal with software problems.  At best, you can dump
the pedantry on someone else.  (Unless you were trying
to imply that this issue is trivial?  If the whole thing is
trivial, you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.
If it's worth dealing with, it's worth dealing with right, and
isolating the relevant details is the only way to do that.)

--
Raul