Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

On 9/9/05, David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
> Part of the issue with the existing framework of personal jurisdiction is
> that we don't seem to have a clear idea what it actually is. I haven't seen
> any links to documents explaining how jurisdiction is actually determined
> in real life cases. Michael Poole's link from elsewhere in the thread is
> the closest thing, but it's unclear to me how exactly this would work in
> real world situations. Since the actual framework remains a mystery to me,
> I see issues with declaring that the framework is sufficient and doesn't
> need to be modified by a license.
>
> I've googled looking for examples of how a venue is determined normally in
> international cases, but to no avail as of yet, but I'll keep looking. Some
> real data would help here.

A real-world example, mostly about trademark rather than copyright or
contract, and not international -- but interstate and inter-circuit,
defended pro se, and documented out the yin-yang:
http://www.taubmansucks.com/ .

Cheers,
- Michael