Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Scripsit Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:

>> Free Software is about the licensors (copyright owners) relinquishing some
>> of their rights to assure the rights of the "commons".

> Without the licensors, there is no commons. Without an ability to
> enforce licenses, the concept of copyleft becomes pointless.

You seem to assert that licenses cannot be enforces unless the
licensor gets carte blanche to harrass licensees with frivolous
lawsuits. That is not reality.

Do you think that the GPL and the BSD licenses are both pointless?

> And, hence, discriminate against rich ones?

We *should* discriminate against software whose authors wants the
right to order all users and distributors to travel around the globe
on their whim. Such harassment has nothing at all to do with software
freedom.

--
Henning Makholm          "Ambiguous cases are defined as those for which the
                       compiler being used finds a legitimate interpretation